AutoDesSys

Marked points

¢hris £und

As far as I know, it was only ever a visual reference.  So it, in my opinion, did not have a significant use.

However, if the marks would transfer to an unfolded pattern (in 6.x it does not)  Then they would have significant use.

Especially if they conveyed information as to where they came from   (say set an attribute for the marked point)   that way, when patterns are split up  (I always manually split my patterns, as the automatic methods don't work well for me)   

Not sure if that makes sense.    so,  I will translate.    

I would use marked points to notate where patterns meet.  Sometimes they don't meet in obvious places when the patters are flat.

Process:  If a model has a surface that has a marked point on it,  then that surface is split up into patterns, that marked point (assuming it is at a node that the different patterns share)  would now be on multiple patterns.  Each pattern would then be flattened and the marked point would go with it.

the marked point should also survive the pattern getting outlined.     This way, a script could come through and add what we call tick marks to the pattern to be drawn for when cut by the cutting system.   And the sewers can know where a pattern starts/stops it's connection.

In essence, they would be attributes to an object, where they would have their own label, then the point in order of the object.

(each marks point order would be different when the pattern gets split.

Long winded.  Sorry.   Would a video work better?

attached, the old 6.x marks

post-9803-0-94961700-1458077475_thumb.png

Archived