AutoDesSys

Input Arc length

R2D2

I need do draw controlled arcs with different radii but at specific length.

Cant find a way to input the arc length, other than calculating the Angle and Radius.

This should be editable in result buffer mode at least - or am I missing something here ?

( Do I really need to use vector works for that? )

Hi,

Yes this is currently not available. Are you looking to have this as a constraint in the drawing tools (i.e. lock the drawing to a specific circumference, so as the radius changes, the circumference stays constant and the endpoint of the arc is adjusted accordingly? ) This may not work for all of the drawing methods. 

We can also add control over the length/circumference in the Parameters tab of the Tool Options palette when picking an Arc/Circle. When this is changed, the radius or the end angle would change accordingly. Would this be useful too (see image?)

post-5-0-31869200-1457129097_thumb.png

The second option would already be great (Parameters tab) and since the measure tool can already get the value, maybe easiest to implement.

(Likewise for 2D enclosure and c-curved extrusion etc., adjusting the value for right/center/left)

Of course if there was a tab field in the prompts palette (next to "Angle") for direct input while drawing, it would be even more elegant.

Thanks for considering this !

Archived