AutoDesSys

Animation Troubles

¢hris £und

I seldom need animation, much of my troubles are most certainly me.

1.  after any edit in the graph editor, this breaks my ability to add keyframes by moving the time thumb and then editing the item in the modeling window (Camera, I have not tried this with objects)

2. Periodically, my animation completely whacks!  and I have to start over.   4 times now.  I damn well know that the motions that it ends up with, I did not put in.   One of them was after going to an external app and coming back (there were model edits in between)

3. Angle of the camera is locked.  Cannot seem to animate it, even though there is a channel available.

File is too big to attach.

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

If we Animate the Focal Length, that effectively animates the View Angle, and that is working fine for us:

anim.zip

We are not sure why you would have any of the other issues.  If you can post a file and the steps necessary to see the problem, we will look into it and report back as soon as we can...

(If you can't make files small enough to attach -- like the one we posted above, please email it to support@formz.com so we can take a look.)

Ok, strange thing,  on my 23rd attempt (how many views I created)  I finally got it to work.   This is the one I created just after writing this post,  so I have nothing to show.

I will play with it to see what it is I am doing to mess it up.

Thanks!

Archived