AutoDesSys

Sensitive input fields

Peder

I often end up having to redo text input  especially the "height" input field. I will draw graphically and start the extrusion then push tab to step to the "height" field -or the "angle" in case of rotations. Often the text is not interpreted  correctly -quite often the decimal points get lost. I have a feeling the mouse sensitivity is really high so that the input is "stolen" from my numeric input. Could you consider making this behaviour less sensitive? Perhaps disabling graphic input while the text field is used? Or is there some setting to control this behaviour?

/Peder

Hi Peder,

We have see a case whereby the Tool Tip timer may interrupt the numeric input on certain Windows based computers.  Could this be the issue you are trying to describe?

If so, then if you go to the formZ Edit Menu: Preferences:Interface -- and increase the delay tor the tool tip (try perhaps 9 seconds), does that help?

At the risk of raising someone's blood pressure, PLEASE get this problem resolved beyond a temporary band-aid solution.

It happens to me on BOTH desktop, and Laptop, has happened across versions, and changing the delay doesn't save with the file.  I was working in a file this morning on the laptop, had it set to a higher than default number, saved the file, opened it from the desktop and the file is back to 1 second.

Archived