AutoDesSys

Copy Attributes - Texture Mapping

setz

A cylinder object on a cube object.  The cube is texture mapped.  Copy Attributes from the cube to the cylinder does not work as would be expected.  The textures are not aligned.  From a top view, the cylinder should blend in to the cube.

post-176-0-30447400-1453062812_thumb.png

Hi Robert,

If the Mapping Type for the cube is "Best Match Per Face" (which it will be by default) then you may get what you show, but if you use the Map Texture tool to apply Cubic Mapping to the cube first, then the Copy Attributes should give you what you want.  Does that work for you?

New file, I made a cube, applied a material with a texture, applied the Map Texture Tool with Mapping Type set to Cubic, selected the Copy Attributes Tool, clicked on the cylinder and then the cube and they still don't seem aligned.  I then selected the Edit texture Map Tool and while all surfaces on both objects now show cubic mapping, the origin and rotation fields show different values.  

post-176-0-83624000-1453141807_thumb.png

Hi Setz,

We tested again and still working properly here:

CopyA.zip

(This is the result after Copying the Attributes, but you should be able to edit the textures of the cylinders and then copy the Attributes again.)  Does this work for you?

And if that does, can you post one that is not working so we can check it here?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "edit the textures of the cylinders and then copy the Attributes again".

Here is a file.  Cube/Cyl on left was processed as described above, cube on the right was mapped, cylinder added, and then I file saved, (so you can try Copy Attributes with objects ready to go). then tried Copy Attributes and got similar results to the ones on the left (image).  I deleted FZ Prefs and reopened FZ with a new file in case that was the issue.

post-176-0-50162700-1453143511_thumb.png

Untitled1.fmz.zip

Archived