AutoDesSys

Performance problems - or bugs?

DJAB

Guys,

Is my iMac really THAT bad? (see attached for spec) or is FormZ suffering from some bugs?

Been on the trial version for the last 5 hours, happily modelling away. Great, except that litterally all of a sudden I ran into some pretty significant problems that have caused me to loose faith in a program that I was about to buy!

1. 3d mouse settings suddenly flipped so i was stuck in tilt, and could not rotate. after about 20mins, it reverted back to normal!

2. faces within my model have flipped, your reverse tool has been hit and miss, either working flawlessly or not at all - see attached image for an error I received too...

3. not only did the above faces flip but the components that they were a part of, have since vanished - totally, from my model, without explanation.

4. turning off layers (and objects) has been hit and miss, again either working fine, or not working unless I switch display modes and wait for the program to update.

5. boolean opperations cause original objects to be duplicated? eh? (if i perform a union, i will get the union, but along with ghosted out original objects - that i don't want, hence why I performed the union in the first place)

Overall, really bummed out over this, i was really enjoying the program.

So, is it my computer, or FormZ - thoughts?

post-15766-0-29383500-1450135919_thumb.png

post-15766-0-99660000-1450136157_thumb.png

Hi Andy,

Your Mac should be fine, and as Asone notes, you can control the Status of Operands via the Edit Menu to control what happens when you generate Boolean or other operations.

For the "3d mouse" issue -- did you make sure you have the latest driver installed for that?  If not, does that help?

We are not sure why the other issues would occur, but if you can send your file to support@formz.com and let us know what exact operations are not working with which objects, we will check this and report back ASAP with answers / solutions.

Archived