AutoDesSys

Escaping Rounding Tool

DMclean

Accidentally hit the rounding tool with a Complex Subdivided object selected. Five minutes later I'm still waiting for it to tell me it can't do it, or to do it so that i can hit undo. Any and all attempts to Escape the tool are fruitless. I've had this sort of problem before with other tools especially the Hidden Line Render, but that one has been resolved. It seems to happen with me for a lot of tools that are make intensive use of a single thread. I'm not sure if it is related to OSX or dual processor machines only, but I run into it on a few tools. 

Looks like my only choice is to Force Quit and lose the last 25 minutes worth of work.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Yes, we have been able to verify that canceling Rounding of objects is not responsive and needs to be improved.  If you find any other operations that are not canceling effectively, please let us know (like you did with Hidden Line), so we can get this corrected.  (These need to be handled on a case by case basis...)

Glad you reported this one Doug as it's something I had in the back of my mind to report too. The rounding tool seems to take a particularly long time for it's calculations (seeing as they're single threaded) so those accidental instances of hitting the rounding tool always necessitate a trip to force quit.

I'll be on the lookout too for other instances where long calculations can't be cancelled on other tools too.

Archived