AutoDesSys

New to Form Z Problems

ampjag

Hi I'm new to form z so I'm trying to evaluate form z free to see if i want to purchase the pro version. The problem I'm having is the way the program and tools react. This is kinda hard to explain so ill do my best.

One problem I'm having is say i select a generate shape i then put in on the grid and make a size but if i go to enter a exact size the object is still selected and i have to click to stop it from resizing. Another example

i can't just click and drag to get a part of the object selected. Basically I'm trying to get the programs selections and moving around the shapes to act like illustrator and sketchup. Is there something 

that I'm missing that is selected or not selected that would change these problems???  I've tried every preference there is and i have not had this problem with any other 3d program. If anybody can help i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Amp,

Not sure if I understand exactly but:

1.  Draw it right the first time.  Click to start -- and enter the desired width and length (or whatever) in the Input Palette.

2.  If you want to "drop the object from the (orange) result buffer, just hit the ESC key.

3.  Or, hit the Tilda (~) key to activate the Pick tool, right click the shape, and Show Controls.  Then you can manipulate these.

4.  Or, with the Pick tool active, hold down the Command / Ctrl key and just drag a part of the object.

Does that help?

Hi Ampjag,

Welcome to the forum!

As Rob notes (#2), when objects are "orange" they are in what is called the Result Buffer -- and that allows you to further modify the object by changing the parameters.  If you want to enter new parameters for another object, hit the ESC key and the result buffer will be dropped, allowing new values to be entered for a different object.

Or as Rob notes (#3), Showing Controls on a parametric object allows you to modify the underlying control points.  

Does this help you achieve what you want?

Archived