AutoDesSys

Layout. Disable snapping to hatch lines. Cross section attributes for layers.

Alan Cooper

Is it possible to disable snapping to FZ imported clipping plane hatch lines in Layout? I don't think so but it would be most desirable for dimensioning purposes, especially where the end of a bit of hatching imported from FormZ is close to a legitimate snap position.

I would like to see cross section attributes [which are not part of 'basic' attributes] available in the layers palette to give an option to override cross section attributes to anything on a particular layer, including make the cross section locked where snapping is concerned.

(It is also important to retain the option to maintain the option for individualising hatch properties at the object level) but with option to disable snapping to hatch lines both in FormZ and Layout, especially where dimensions are concerned.

Is it possible to disable snapping to FZ imported clipping plane hatch lines in Layout? I don't think so but it would be most desirable for dimensioning purposes, especially where the end of a bit of hatching imported from FormZ is close to a legitimate snap position.

Try this workaround:

Keep FormZ and Layout open at the same time.

In Layout, create a separate layer for hatches. Select this layer in its palette (make sure the red dot is aside).

Go back to FormZ, make some camera movement or make any changes to the 3d source file and save it.

Go back again to Layout, open the selected hatch layer attributes, set this layer to "non snapable" and try a dimension.

Hope it works for you.

Try this workaround:

Keep FormZ and Layout open at the same time.

In Layout, create a separate layer for hatches. Select this layer in its palette (make sure the red dot is aside).

Go back to FormZ, make some camera movement or make any changes to the 3d source file and save it.

Go back again to Layout, open the selected hatch layer attributes, set this layer to "non snapable" and try a dimension.

Hope it works for you.

Thanks Gustavo, that's clever!

Archived