AutoDesSys

Layout Color Fills

setz

I'm still getting my head around the use of line, style and color attributes in Layout.  I'm working on finding a workflow that allows me a free and efficient use of attributes in general.  I do miss the color palette, it's nice having the colors in a library in the document rather than having to use the OS color picker as a library. I will also need to get used to setting width and style attributes via the context menu and the Set Attributes Tool.

I started with a blank sheet, drew a rectangle, selected the Hatch Tool, chose the solid looking one and applied it.  I contextual selected attributes and changed the color.  The hatch still showed as black.  This was because the color I was choosing was for the outline rather than the hatch which is under the Hatch Option from the Attributes pulldown menu.  I also noticed that the original rectangle was not an independent object after it had been hatched, to confirm, I selected and deleted the Hatch and the rectangle was gone.  I preferred the outline and the hatch being separate objects.  It seemed more intuitive.

So it does do what I want, just takes a bit of exploration to see how it all works.

Archived