AutoDesSys

8.5 Pro DWG export problem

Shibui Design

When exporting .dwg (as image- not 3d) from FZ8.5 with include background NOT CHECKED (in options) produces a file showing the grid from FZ. I take it that the grid is considered part of the background?? Is there a way to control the scale when using image export-.dwg/.dxf? I always have to scale it once imported into CAD.

Hi ENV,

The Grid is not considered the Background, but if you don't want them, just turn off the Grid (and Axes) before exporting and you won't get them.

The Export Image command does not export scaled images, but if you use the Layout Mode, create a Layout Frame of your project, and then Export: DWG (not export image), then you will get a 2d drawing to the scale you specified in the Frame Parameters.

Does that help?

Yes, now I understand. The only reasons I export from Image, rather than layout is for time savings when I just need to get a bit of geometry into a flat CAD environment quickly. The other reason is that sometimes I want the complete wireframe, not hidden line from layout. I don't see a way to turn off hidden lines in layout. Am I missing it?

With 8.5 the Layout Parameters: Options offers the ability to show Back Faces:

post-5-0-78439900-1441901628_thumb.jpg

Or if you really want everything to be Wire Frame, you could perhaps use a temporary Layer Override to a Transparent Material, and check the option for Transparent Objects to show as Wire Frame...

Archived