AutoDesSys

Cant delete new/custom tool palettes

pipo

I can't delete custom tool palettes permanently.

I delete as indicated and they are removed from the palettes dropdown but reappear when I relaunch.

Tried a reinstall and trashing every (?) related file to no avail

How do i reset this ?

Also the default name for a new palette ('my tool palette') does not show name as indicated in below grab

fwLHsLl.jpg

trying to adjust ONLY the added tool palettes in the first post.

1.   With the tool manager on as stated , the tools in the palette won't move from that palette as they should (actually it works erratically and unpredictably )but mostly not at all

2.   tool palette options  : restore defaults is permanently greyed out .......how to make this active and what default does it restore ?

3.   Managed to remove the tools from the added palettes after half hour of fiddling but not the actual palettes

suggestion :  if an added palette has no tools it should automatically not show as palette in the list

Getting this behaviour on latest iMacs and latest macpro so presuming its not my systems

Hi Pipo,

We have found a computer where deleting custom tool palettes is not working.  Unfortunately, on these computers it appears to be necessary to reset your prefs in order to remove them.  Removing tools is generally working properly for us but if you have any issues, try adding a tool from the Tool Manager to the custom palette first, and then making further adjustments.  Does that help?  

Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention, we will get them corrected.

If Reset Workspace does not solve it, Quit formZ, go to the Finder: Go Menu, hold down Option, choose Library: Preferences -- and rename the autodessys folder (add a number to the end of the name).  Then Relaunch.

Does that help?

Archived