AutoDesSys

Extraneous Materials added to palette

DMclean

Don't remember whether this has already been reported, but I've just noticed with 8.5Beta3 that every time I open a file that has embedded components in it, a new copy of the materials used in the components is added to the materials palette. If I'm thinking about it, I can just Purge Unused and the new items disappear, but of course it's easy to accidentally use one of the "new" materials, at which point it is now in use. Can all be cleaned up later with a bit of housekeeping, but it seems like something that shouldn't be happening.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

We suspect that you may have a material in your project that has the same name but whose properties differs from the material in your Component, which causes the Component to add the slightly different material.

If that is not the case, please send a part of your file that shows this so we can investigate what else could cause this...

Guessing that you're right since I can't create the same situation from scratch in a new file. Will just "Purge" the extras as they come up for now. Will try and track down the errant material when I get a chance. Will let you know if i can recreate the problem.

Thanks...

Doug

Archived