AutoDesSys

FMZ v8.02 observations

Shibui Design

Hello. I've recently upgraded from v7 to 8.02 and have observed a few quirks. 

1. Clicking in blank area in the materials palettes in V7 creates a new material. V8 doesn't follow this rule.

2. Double-clicking on an existing material in V7 invokes material editor. V8 requires right-click to invoke editor.

3. I have a model wherein it is not possible to drag/drop a new material onto a face using "command" key. I can create a new file and perform this procedure, but not in a specific file I have.

Is number 1 and 2 expected behavior?

I really appreciate the improvements in V8- especially the "Match Color Shade" button in material editor (for using transparency maps) and that the file system remembers the last location when loading a file.

OSX Yosemite

FormZ 8.02 with Renderzone

Thank you.

Hi John,

1.  This is a preference setting you can via the Edit Menu: Preferences: Palettes.

2.  Double Click or Right Click should both work.  Are you sure this is still working for you in v7?  If not, we have seen where very fast double click speeds have caused trouble on certain OS X systems.  If you set your System Prefs: Mouse: Double Click speed in the middle, does that help?  (This should be the same for v7 or v8 though.)

3.  The Edit Menu has an option to pick Faces using the 2 Click Selection method (i.e., clicking on 2 edges instead of just the middle of the face).  Uncheck this.

Does that help?

Yes. That does clear up all problems, except one. The file here contains one material that double-click does not work on. Look at the material named, "Higher Ground Logo."

Right click works, but double-click does nothing. All other materials are fine.

Hi John,

We have been testing this file on multiple computers and are not having any trouble.  The map for the file is not included though.  If you change this to Plain Color and No Transparency, then Close the Material Parameters, and double click on it once more, does that reopen the parameters?  

Archived