#1 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado, USA

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

In 8.6 build 9999 I am not able to get the modeling tools to show beyond the active tool in the palette.  The set of tools will not show on mouse hover and I can't click to show them.  

• Dwaynewees likes this

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#2 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:41 PM

Actually it isn't working for 8.5.7 either!!!  I have tried toggling "Don't pop out tool palettes on hover" to no avail.  Any help?

FormZ PRO v8.5.  2017 iMac 4.0 GHz quad core i7 24MB RAM and a 2015 Macbook Pro quad core i7 16MB RAM, Modern Architecture in Boulder and Denver Colorado www.ASONEarchitecture.com 

#3 FZnoob

FZnoob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

It seems as if the answer I got for every interface problem I ever had has been "reset the preferences". If that fails "do a clean install".

With that said, I am running 8.5.7 and I don't have any issues as you describe.

#4 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

I've had this happen a few times when setting up my custom workspace.  You need to reset all your workspaces back to default, and start again.  Extremely frustrating, I know.  But remember to turn OFF 'Save between sessions' under the workspace manager after you get your workspace setup the way you want it, or this will happen again and again.

• nuid likes this

#5 ASONE

ASONE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Justin.  Another workspace rebuild!!!

#6 nuid

nuid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

I got the same problem every other day. But only with my custom workspace for two screens.

Only thing working for me is to delete the workspace folder = libary / preferences / autodessys / formZ 8.5 / workspaces.

And than have to rearrange all my setting with the toolpalettes and the toolmanager. That`s what FormZ support told me.

Massive annoing.

Now, after doing the above desribed procedur I stuffed the workspace folder to have a ready

replacment if it happens again.

But at first I hope you are right, Justin, and I do as you recommend. Thanks.

Working with FZ 8.6 (Build 10017) / osx 10.12.6

www.nuid.de

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users