AutoDesSys

Arc Dimensions

Duncan303

Hi,

Been meaning to post this since the launch of version 7 but haven't got round to it until now, had hoped it would be included in 8 but doesn't seem to be.

Where has the dimensioning tool gone for showing the length of an arc, or distance between points on an arc. Not talking about straight line distance but the actual distance on the curve. This was a dimensioning tool in version 6 but has not been included in any of the latest versions. Would it be possible to add this in the future?

Attached a screen shot of an old drawing i did in version 6 using this tool.post-782-0-60471100-1416967476_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

I needed to know the length of a curve too but the leader tool does not appear to be giving me its length using FZ8.5.03 pro

but the following seems to work: pick by segment sequence, then measure, measure quantities gives the 'boundary length' which I presume to be correct or near enough if a sum of segments.

Dear Alan,

;

When you start a Leader Line from the Segment of an object, it will automatically show the Length of that segment.   Or if you start your Leader Line from a Polyline, the length of that full Polyline will automatically be included in the Leader Text.  (But if you want to know the length of multiple segments that are part of a larger object, then you can either use multiple Leaders, or use the Measure Quantity as you mention.)

Dear Hugo,

The Leader Line Should only show if your Dimension Style is set to Include Units.  However we see that these Units are still displaying when using the Leader with such a Style.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected..

Hi Alan,

Yes, Leader Lines can have more than 2 points (if you want to make an angled leader for example) so it is expected to double click when you are done (just like when drawing a polyline) to "finish" the line part of the leader.  ;)

Archived