AutoDesSys

v.6 WIBU key?

I've been using FormZ v.6 for years but my WIBU key got damaged and is no longer working :(

Any chance anyone has an old WIBU dongle that they’re no longer using?

It’s really crucial to my workflow - I have an old Mac Pro dedicated to using only this.

I also have a license to v.9 but I don’t seem to be able to do some of the work on these old files in the newer versions.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Craig

IMG_2667.jpeg

Have you tried reaching out to Autodessys?  I bet they have some around they could help you get reconnected.  

If they don't have any, I have one here but I don't know if it's registration would work for you.  Maybe ask Autodessys this as well?

Thanks Justin,

I did reach out--they said they sent out the last ones they had a few years back, and they no longer can configure them. 

It was actually FormZ support that suggested I try the forums, so I assume they would help with registration issues. I'll ask to make sure. If you were willing to part with it I'd be happy to send you a FedEx shipping label to send it my way.

Thanks!

God bless the Internet. I *have* a WIBU key (pic attached) that I was using until early May when my vintage (2008) Mac Pro gave up the ghost...I'd be glad to give it to you.

My only question is: Are there licensing issues involved? I feel I should get in touch with AutoDesSys and make sure it's kosher to do this...if not, let's make it happen!

Edit: I see now that Justin has one too. CraigKal, please let me know if you still need a replacement.

IMG_0649.jpeg

Edited by Jim_G
clarity

This is what I got back from FormZ support:

---------

form•Z Support (form•Z Support) 

Jul 19, 2024, 19:35 EDT 

Craig,

The keys are serialized, so you need their serial number and codes (and they must be on 6.7.3). We can access the codes if they do not have them, but we can not generate new codes. 

yes, licenses can be transferred, however, if the license has been upgraded to a new version, it normally can't be transferred (as they paid a discounted price for the upgrade so its not a free and clear license) . We can probably make an exception for this case, however, that license will not be upgradable again I discourage you from paying someone for it (other than shipping etc.)

REgards,

David
So I suppose, for Jim_G or Justin, you'd have to be ok with sending me your serial number and codes if you were on 6.7.3 when you last used the key, or be ok with them giving me the info.
If you want to check with David or Brandon at FormZ support to confirm I have a license myself, (also for v.9), maybe that would make it less of an issue on your end? I would certainly get it if you're uncomfortable sharing  the S/N and codes.

In any case I appreciate the offers!

Craig

Hm.  My key has *two* stickers on it...one of which seems to be the license number and the other one is...the code? I don't know. I honestly can't remember what version I was using...I suspect it was the last version that could run on Mac OS 10.6.8, which might well be 6.7.3 (or maybe not).

In any case, I'm curious enough that I'll give AutoDesSys a call on Monday.  Hopefully they can offer some insight. I feel this issue is resolvable if everyone acts in good faith.

Edited by Jim_G
clarity