AutoDesSys

Batch image rendering? (or Distributed Rendering)

Yon

How do we batch render images in V-Ray?  You know, like you have 4 cameras, and the machine renders them in the order you set, while you sleep.

I see manual mentions, but I haven't found the way yet :(

@Tech said this many years ago

Also the formZ imager was updated in v8.6.1 to support batch rendering with V-Ray for formZ.

Wow.  Who would have guessed that Imager  does not show up in any manual search. And the manual  link in Imager takes you to the formZ manual.  This really is a team effort, and thank you again Justin. 

Searching the forum and testing...

RTX, you mean the video cards?  No luck for this season of Macs, not even if I wanted an external GPU.  I am impressed with the CPU speeds V-Ray is producing on a M series Mac. Fast enough for single frame work, that I have to put down my guitar before I am ready.

And I really like that you can open Imager, select all the cameras (or certain ones), hit generate, and then see what needs to be changed when you get back.  Thanks so much for sharing that.

Not to be snarky, but Scenes are not in the manual either.  Maybe it's a RTX thing 😂

Ok, that was snarky... or speed envy?  And I'm trying out Scenes right now, even for just modeling, what a nice thing.

HA!

If you keep digging, I'm sure you'll find more things that have been around so long that the documentation just hasn't kept up.  Good on you for actually looking at the documentation though!  So many people these days seem less likely to want to find things out for themselves.