AutoDesSys

V-Ray - 2 point perspective

cobrien

A work around, is to make sure the camera is level (same Z for 'eye-point and 'center of interest' in the View Parameters). That will force 2 point.  Then you can adjust the image dimensions in V-Ray to be taller than wide, and crop off what you don't need.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 6.46.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 6.46.11 PM.png

What Yon said... as V-Ray can only use physical (real) cameras.  Since 2 point perspective is not real, you have to fake it.

Additionally, you can use the Vertical Tilt option under V-Ray Settings>Camera>Effects>Vertical Tilt.  I find a -.15 to -.05 seems to give a nice effect for tall trade show elements like you got there.  I use this with my camera Z at eye height for realism.   My center of interest Z height varies depending on what needs to be shown.

image.png.af5b03fa3296d78566e82c7b038e5fe3.png

Edited by Justin Montoya

Cobrien, glad you got what you needed.

Justin, question :)

V-Ray camera seems to lock to the pixel width.  So you can add pixels vertically.  You can rotate the camera 90 to get the sides.  But do you have a different strategy for adding to the edges? 

I've added an image of what I'm looking to do. The color inverted part is the adding pixel trick, left.  And Vertical Tile set to the extreme '2' on the right.

I'm trying to recreate a work flow of a different rendering engine.  There was a setting that allowed you to pan and tilt, like a bellows camera.  Client wants a bit more on the right, pan right. That are would align in a Photoshop composite.  The pixels would align. 

Any tips?

tilt.jpg

Hey Yon,

I think I would just render a larger image so that everything could fit in the scene and crop as necessary.  But I have to admit, I am not an expert on cameras or lens, and often find the default settings work fine as my base and never touch the lens settings after that.