AutoDesSys

Incorrect representation of real V-Ray materials

AHDD Designer

When I use a «real» V-Ray material, the display in Shaded Work mode and in Full Shaded mode is not correct. You can see the example in the attached screenshot. It does not matter whether I use a predefined material that is delivered with Form.Z or create my own new one. As soon as a V-Ray render is started, the material is displayed correctly.

I have this error in all versions from version 8 to version 9.1 and 9.2.

My system:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3.6 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Screenshot.jpg

6 hours ago, AHDD Designer said:

When I use a «real» V-Ray material, the display in Shaded Work mode and in Full Shaded mode is not correct. You can see the example in the attached screenshot. It does not matter whether I use a predefined material that is delivered with Form.Z or create my own new one. As soon as a V-Ray render is started, the material is displayed correctly.

I have this error in all versions from version 8 to version 9.1 and 9.2.

My system:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3.6 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

What OS are you using?

At a glance, this appears to have stretched UVs across the face and just needs to be remapped, but you're saying that when you render this in V-Ray it is mapped correctly? Would you be able to show a comparison between the two modes?

When you say "real vrmaterial," are you referring to importing a material using the Select Material button in the Material Parameters palette? Applying a material from the preset libraries should work every time, but if you're experiencing this issue from a vrmat that you've edited through v.3's vrmateditor we would be happy to take a look at the file if you send it to support@formz.com.

I notice that you're using V-Ray for form•Z v.3 here. Does it look the same when you run v.5? If so, try clicking the Edit Material button (v.5) in the Material Parameters palette to see if it makes a difference (keep in mind that if the material relies on a Bump map that it may not appear in Shaded Work by default, but should appear in Shaded Full okay):

170044261_ScreenShot2021-08-25at10_18_49AM.jpg.52456546ee878950abd605b920b8dd6e.jpg

Thank you Tech, for your reply.

I am using MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave

I am talking about a Vray material that comes with Form.Z in the standard V-Ray-Library.
You may be able to see this in the screenshot.
The same phenomenon also occurs when I use the beta of version 9.2 with the latest V-Ray.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-26 um 17.31.51 Kopie.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-26 um 17.34.56 Kopie.jpg

Edited by AHDD Designer

4 hours ago, AHDD Designer said:

Thank you Tech, for your reply.

I am using MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave

I am talking about a Vray material that comes with Form.Z in the standard V-Ray-Library.
You may be able to see this in the screenshot.
The same phenomenon also occurs when I use the beta of version 9.2 with the latest V-Ray.

Please send us this file by first performing a File > Save a Copy As into an empty folder to copy the file and all references into the new directory. The compress and send the folder to support@formz.com.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Tech said:

Please send us this file by first performing a File > Save a Copy As into an empty folder to copy the file and all references into the new directory. The compress and send the folder to support@formz.com.

Thank you!

Okay. I have sent you the file by E-Mail. 😘