AutoDesSys

V9.0.0.1 (Build A0D4) - Different Rendering Windows

AHDD Designer

After I already participated in the beta test phase, I have now bought and installed the update to V9.
Among other problems (e.g. V9 crashes after opening a document created in V8, I have the following basic question:

Under the new UI, there is only one program-window with the palettes attached to it in the docks.
How is it intended that different render-windows can be set up under these circumstances?

In other words:

Up to now, I've been able to manage it in such a way that my working window was as large as the entire computer screen.
To create images, I set up several other windows in the same project.
This windows had different proportions, namely also in portrait format and also different resolutions.
Depending on the subject to be created.

It was even better under V6:

There it was possible to assign a certain scale to a window.
So I was able to render a view or a top view of an object in the scale 1:1 with 300 dpi without having to rework in Photoshop or the like.

Thank you very much for your experience reports.

5 hours ago, AHDD Designer said:

crashes after opening a document created in V8

Can you please send the file to support? This is not a general problem so we would like to investigate what is happening with your file.

5 hours ago, AHDD Designer said:

How is it intended that different render-windows can be set up under these circumstances?

You can still have multiple windows in the project with different settings (and which between them from the list at the bottom of the Windows Manu). You can also open an independent window (Windows menu) that is detached from the project window (like previous versions). Does this help?

Hi Tech

52 minutes ago, Tech said:

Can you please send the file to support? This is not a general problem so we would like to investigate what is happening with your file.

I have uploaded the corresponding FormZ document into my Google-Drive. It has 365 Mb.
This is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MOqbdCPvCmAD_wAc15dHqTBSxXP3T-pS

52 minutes ago, Tech said:

You can still have multiple windows in the project with different settings (and which between them from the list at the bottom of the Windows Manu). You can also open an independent window (Windows menu) that is detached from the project window (like previous versions). Does this help?

Thank you for the hint with the Independent Window, but unfortunately this does not help in this case.

Because every time a control element is pressed, the large main window in the background moves forward again.
For example, the saved views cannot be recalled.

Which is much nastier than that:
If the Vray Render wants to be activated, the view of the large main window is rendered accordingly and not the small independent one.

I made a screen movie that illustrates this.
This is the link to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lc20YDZbeBzvJp1_oHuHBGHKNQpUj7pO

If the links above do not work, here is a new link for the whole folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/126qIZ3B5_WWlJkoAUX23-AoW8sAIJpia?usp=sharing

Edited by AHDD Designer