AutoDesSys

display components as boxes - crash

3dworks

anyone having the same issue? if i switch component display to 'box' as soon as i try to select components, formz crashes. very unhappy with this, because i am editing a scene with a massive amount of components and see no way how to speed up display. working in wireframe mode already. i e-mailed the crash report to support but  got no answer yet.

max os 10.13.6, latest nvidia drivers, nvidia 980ti card

Sounds to me like a Video problem. I think you might understand that using nVidia cards (980Ti) even on the old High Sierra is dangerous even with latest drivers 418.105

From Mohave MacOSX10.14 + on there is NO support.

The future down't look good for Vray (formZ) unless they can support Metal now the new developers kit is only now just available

Rob

hi rob, i guess it's not because i never had any issue using my nvidia on that mac. also this would mean that i would have issues when in wireframe mode generally in FZ, which is not the case. display is very fast and responsive even with extremely high polygon count in this mode, it just happens with this special components function. this cards are officially supported by nvidia on macos with current drivers, which get updated with every new security update. i'm regularly using lightwave, cinema 4d (both with octane renderer), after effects, photoshop, etc... not any issues!

yes, i'm still on macos 10.13.6, because 10.14 has no nvidia drivers yet. slowly all 3d apps will migrate to metal anyway, but it will take some time.