AutoDesSys

VRay fur - save to preset option

nano

Can I just put in a request for a functional way to save a VRay fur setting to a preset that can be re loaded or applied to objects in the next release or update?

I'm finding directly editing the object attributes for the fur settings a pain - especially when you are doing test renders that require minor situational alterations to numerous objects. It's not really a time saving work around as an alternative in changing the main setting in detail and then reapplying them individually.

It would be very good to be able to do this directly from the object attributes dialog box so you can edit one object and then more quickly reapply them across a range.

Thanks - that is all...

• 2 months later...

I agree 100% and I will talk to Tech about this.  When things get complicated in my models I tend to take screen shots of my settings once I get them to work properly.  One annoying feature of the fur tool is that if you get it just right and then open the project the next day your Blade Count defaults back to Zero.  No fur.  I then go back into the dreaded Attributes Palette and scroll down to Vray Fur Attributes to re enter the blade count.  So my solution is to always set my fur to Per Area, make the area the same size for all future fur materials and then always use the same blade count so that I remember.  For me that means 6 sq inches and a blade count of 50 which gets me grass, fur and shag carpet as a starting point.