AutoDesSys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andyb

cant create new mxm file

Andy,

Looks like you are having GPU issues per a number of your recent postings. Perhaps you need to reign back your expectations given your current project and hardware?

post-15766-0-68624000-1485384688_thumb.pngTech, my system is pretty good actually..

Win 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

16GB Ram

I7-6800K 3.4 GHz (6 cores)

And the project is a simple hotel room...

See attached screen shot for next problem, what could cause this? I have scaled my texture but upon rendering it reverts back...

Im really sorry to be a pain!

Thanks Ben I will take a look at that and see if it effects anything... I cant see how that would cause the new MXM to be saved as a layout autosave file though.

Have you any thoughts regards to post number 3? 

Andy

My suggestion was in response to post #3. (Please try to create separate topics for different issue in the future; it makes them a lot easier to keep track of.)

Hi Andy,

In response to the MXM file extension issue: It appears that the Windows version of the MXM Material Editor is not automatically adding the .mxm file extension. This will be fixed in a future release.

For now, when saving the material, manually add ".mxm" to the filename and it will work correctly.  If you have existing MXMs without extensions, you should be able to restore them to proper operation by manually adding the extension ".mxm" to the filename.