AutoDesSys

Component Door

DJAB

Guys,

Very simple, I place a door into a wall, fine. But if I need to move the door the boolean subtract operation does not update, is that correct? I assumed it would update?

Also, do the doors not have any variations in width / height that we can control?

Cheers

Also,

I have imported a DWG file, which has a curved wall in it, but its faceted... any ideas why? 

(sorry guys, I know these are dumb questions, I have a microstation 3d background so I have not came across these problems before...)

Hi AndyB,

To move a Window or Door and its hole, use the Reposition Window / Door tool?

post-5-0-55460800-1476714967_thumb.jpg

Please also post a link to the DWG file and a capture of the Import Options you are trying to use so we can test with that and get you further answers.

I tried the reposition door tool as you suggested but it didn't work. The door moved over but did not cut an opening, and it left the imprint location from where it used to be. Also, I was able to place 2 doors, but after that the live boolean operation stopped working and the door simply sat in the wall. (You have the file from my previous post, can you look into this please...)

Cheers

see attached.

post-15766-0-67729100-1476733743_thumb.png

AndyB,

You have checked the option to Import Objects as Lines.  If that is not what you want, uncheck that option.

Also, check the Make Smooth option to generate as many smooth objects as possible.

Repositioning Windows is working fine for us.  If you try this with our file, does that work for you?

Repo.zip

If this is working but your object is not, check it with the Object Doctor to see if it has any issues.

Archived