AutoDesSys

Trouble with updates

David Lemelin

Hi Guys,

I'm having an odd repeat problem when Autodessys releases an update to FromZ. For the second time now, when an update is released, I get an error message telling me that my program is improperly installed and the update can't proceed.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. The last update (8.5.4 (build 9837)) had to manually installed. It has been otherwise functioning fairly well and stably since that update. The same goes for the update preceding that.

The serial numbers I enter seem happy to authorize the software, why is my attempt to upgrade not working?

Below are two screen captures giving some detail about my machine and the FormZ error message.post-366-0-17324700-1475243550_thumb.pngpost-366-0-39469000-1475243556_thumb.png

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi David,

To fix this, just go to the formZ Help Menu, choose Register, and register your software.  Then the automatic update should apply properly.

If not, you can download the updated installers from here and install the new version directly:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_85_Pro.html

Does that fix it for you?

If you need any further help, please email us directly at support@formz.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much.

My software IS registered. I've been using FormZ on an almost daily basis for two years. I don't believe it would run unregistered for two years.

But. In the spirit of fair play, I gave it a shot.

FormZ can reach the internet to tell me there's an update, but it can't reach the internet to register the software.

This is almost Kafkaesque.... 

Thought?

post-366-0-52834100-1476197654_thumb.pngpost-366-0-74515700-1476197738_thumb.pngpost-366-0-24028000-1476197715_thumb.png

Hi  David,

The License manager needs to access port 3306.  Perhaps that is  being blocked by your firewall or network administrator?

If you are unable to unblock that port and allow formZ to register properly, hold down the ALT key and click on the  Register button -- and follow the additional instructions to register without a direct internet connection.

ok. here's the update.... I followed your instructions and managed to get FormZ to see the update and download it.... At least, that's what the button I clicked said was going to happen.

So, I'm now waiting for a download and update to occur. It's been about 15 minutes and nada....

Hi David,

Sorry, we don't understand.  What exactly are you doing?  (The Help Menu: Check for Update?  Is it still trying to download -- or did that finish and you are waiting for the actual patching process to complete?)

As noted above, if you have any issues with this, you can also get the update here:

www.formz.com/update

If the automatic updates don't work for you does downloading from there work for you?

Archived