AutoDesSys

layer group material override

Bartjuan

If I have objects assigned to a layer, say "wood"

and have set a material override for that layer,: Material: "Maple"

But I want to create a faster hidden line image

So I create a Layer Group: "White"

put all my layers in that group and assign the Layer Group "white" a material override: Material, "white constant"

Shouldn't the top level override supercede the lower level material override?

Bart

Side note, I'd give my left arm for a faster hidden line mode

Hi Bart,

Currently the Layer override will override the Layer Group override.  Just uncheck the Layer override for now -- and we will see what we can do to adjust this for the future (or at least give an option for which to use).

NOTE that the Materials will NOT affect the Hidden Line display speed.  If you have a file where this does for some reason -- or if you have a file that is rendering more slowly than desired, please send it (or a portion thereof that shows the issue) and we will see what we can do to help with this.   ;)

Note2:  If you have Smooth objects in the project, their Display Resolution will affect the Hidden Line performance.  Using a Simple = 0% should be a lot faster than Simple = 100% for this (and Simple 100% should almost never be necessary).  Could this be the cause of your performance issues?

Thanks Z

I am all about them smooth objects.

For reasons I cant explain many of my objects were at Simple 96%

Going through my model ( nearly 1000 objects) to find the culprits.

Is there a way to set smooth object disaplay to Simple 0% for whenever you do a Hidden Line but keep the object level settings at 50% for Shaded mode?

Bart

Hi Bart,

There is not a separate rendering option, but you can just Select All and set the Resolution for all of the objects at once.  Just click the Attributes Tab of the Pick Tool Options, change the Basic attributes to Display Resolution and change it as desired.

Or you can create an Advanced: Custom Resolution setting that you could just set and then edit to change object resolutions.

Archived