AutoDesSys

Modelling tools to single column

Alan Cooper

I have just updated to FZ8.5.4 pro on Windows 7 pro 64bit and cannot remember or find how to reduce modelling tool palette to single column like I had before.

Edit: Just realised I was on modelling workspace. I clicked on custom workspace 1 and the single column appeared, however no flyouts with that so still not as I wanted it.

Hi Allan,

Yes, to customize the tools, go to the  Workspace Menu: Tool Manager, You can then drag tools around, and / or right click on the modeling tool bar and choose Single Column.  Make sure to Close the Tool Manager before continuing to work.

In general we would recommend using the default modeling tool set unless you are an advanced user.  This way the tool set will match what you see in the videos, which will make things easier in general.

Instead of moving tools around, we would recommend using the Tool Manger to customize the Favorite Tools (that appear when you press the Space bar) and also right clicking on the tools any time and choosing Shortcut so you can create key shortcuts for fastest tool access.  

Hope that helps!  ;)

Archived