AutoDesSys

Layout Zoom Error message

kim

When I create a new layout file, I find that I cannot zoom to see the page and get the following error messages.

post-75-0-96015300-1459440617_thumb.png

This is what the working units specs look like.

post-75-0-74911000-1459440679_thumb.png

I go in and mess around with the settings and then Layout starts to work.

What have I messed up?

Thanks

kim

Hi Kim,

Are you using a Template FIle for your Layout?

And if resetting that does not solve the problem, please post a Layout file that gives you this error (and let us know what "messing around" means) so we can help.

Hi Ztech,

I open the Layout without a Template file.  In the menu option I select Arch D and mm.  The file opens in Arch D in Inches (preferences are set to mm).  What I see on the screen is the lower left corner of the sheet of paper.  If I try either zoom in or out, I get the error message i sent you.  But if I go to drawing settings and select mm again.  The drawing file is still showing me the lower left corner but now I can zoom out.

My definition of "messing around" is doing things which you have no idea why you are doing it but somehow, sometimes, it works  :)

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

If you can post the FML file, we can take a look to see if we can see why this might happen.

With regards to "messing around" -- it is not very likely that we would try the same steps based on your definition.  (Specific steps that cause the issue will help us help you much more quickly...)

Hi Kim,

When we open your Layout project it is zoomed in VERY close so that the entire width of the screen is only 0.5 mm all the way across.

Do you really need to zoom in closer than that -- or should you just Fit it so you can see the entire page -- and get to work creating your layout project?

Hi Ztech,

I am not zooming in.  What you see in the Layout File is what I get after selecting New Layout Project, selecting paper size etc on the menu and hitting ok.  The file opens zoomed in as you saw on the file I sent you.  If I try to select Fit or zoom in or out, I get the error messages shown above.

Thanks

kim

Hi Kim,

So if you open the Layout file you posted and choose Fit, it doesn't fit properly for you -- it gives the error message?

(Sorry if that's a silly question, but we are not reproducing that anywhere here so we just want to be sure...)

Hi Ztech,

That is correct.  The only way I can get out of the loop is by changing the working units option.  So, if when creating the new project I chose metric, I will choose  imperial and vica versa.

Then the zoom and fit functions begin to work.

Archived