AutoDesSys

Crash during Voronoi subdivision

jram

Hello, I am using Form Z pro 8. I am doing the following steps and getting this message telling me that the model will contain over 100,000 faces, vertices.. etc. I get the spinning wheel and then the program crashes. I am first making a 2d plane 50mmx30mm. I then do a pt scatter with a number of 15-20. I then click on the Voronoi tab. I then offset outline all of the shapes-reshape and then attempt to subdivide (just like the tutorial online).  The program crashes at this point.What would cause this? I am using the windows version on a machine with an i7 quad core processor and a Nvidia 965 graphics card.

Hi JRam,

Please execute the steps and save right before you attempt to subdivide.  Then make a screen capture of the options you would like to use, and try once more.  If you can reproduce the problem, please post the file and the screen capture (or email them to support@formz.com) so we can take a look and try to help.  

Hi JRam,

Thanks for sending your file.  As a follow up, you had the # Iterations = 6 which will take a little while to generate the surface.

If you just wait a bit, it should finish.  I was able to generate this with 6 iterations, but it did take awhile and generated a LOT of extra data. In general, using Iterations = 2 to 4 is recommended, and you should only go higher if absolutely necessary.

Also, if formZ says "Not Responding" -- that only means it is not "talking" to the system at the moment, and if you watch the Task Manager and see the CPU working and / or the Memory changing, then formZ is still processing your request.

Archived