AutoDesSys

3d connexion and formz jr 8?

rhodesy

Have just reinstalled Jr 8 and noticed that my space navigator mouse doesnt seem to work with it. I can see a 3d connexion plugin in the plugins folder but nothing loads through to formZ. On my pro license I have an option to bring up the settings in my pallets. But the Jr license on another machine only lets me zoom in and out. So its kind of recognising the device but not as it should. The navigator works fine in other apps so its just formZ related. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi Rhodesy,

Have you installed the latest driver for the Space Navigator?

And does it show in the formZ Extensions Menu: Extensions Manager?  (If it is not checked, check it, and restart formZ.)

Or if you are still having trouble, does creating a Custom Profile for formZ Jr in the 3Dconnexion controls help?

If that's not it, what OS, and exact version of formZ are you using?

• 1 month later...

Hi Sorry its been a while. Come back to formZ for another project but still the space mouse wont register with formZ 8 JR. Its not in the drop down menu and the 3D connexion app doesnt recognise formZ as an app. Its odd because im using the same driver on my other PC with FormZ pro and it works fine. We had to upgrade them at the end of last year to work with sketchup 2016 so the drivers are more current than the Form Z version. I'm not sure if there is anything in the plugins folder that is missing but we reinstalled formZ a couple of months ago so it should be fresh. It on windows 7 pro, fz 8jr 8.0.1. Any ideas? Tried checking for form Z updates but the update checker fails, which isn't great.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

If formZ (Jr or Pro) give the message that the Update Check has Failed, this means that you are blocking formZ from connecting via your Firewall or other.  The upgrade from formZ 8 to 8.5 is free for the Jr version, so please just download the updated version from here:

www.formz.com/update

Then, if you have any issue with the Space Navigator, check the formZ Extensions Menu: Extensions Manager.  Do you have a 3d Connexion Plugin listed there?

post-5-0-77934000-1461865013_thumb.jpg

Archived