AutoDesSys

Problems with import/export Workspace 8.5.3

Walter

Hello,

today i tried to install a new licence of FormZ on a PC, i loaded the template file and also preferences allready saved by another FormZ licence. Now i want to get the Palettes on the same Position, therefore i used the workspacemanager with the Export function. When trying to Import nothing happening. Any ideas? 

regards

Walter

Now i got another Problem too. Everytime when i try to launch the new licence a second time the template file is erased - what is happening here?

Dear Walter,

Workspaces require the same resolution monitor to be compatible.  If you Export from one resolution, and Import to another, that Workspace can not be applied.  You will need to create the desired Workspace arrangement on a monitor with the same resolution.

If your monitors do have the same resolution, then please send the Workspace file that you have saved, and let us know what resolution you are using so we can help.  Please also try loading that Workspace file back on the original computer and make sure it works properly there.

We don't understand your comment:  Everytime when i try to launch the new licence a second time the template file is erased 

Can you please clarify what you mean by this so we can help?

My Monitors are the same. Problem is when importing the Workspace nothing happens - the palettes are still on the standard Location.

To clarify:

it's also confusing for me too! I try to explain what happened:

1.) i installed FormZ 8.5pro

2.) i licenced FormZ and did the update to 8.5.3

3.) i started FormZ and set the "Template File" and also the "Preferences" which where saved on licence which was running for month. (Template File and Preferences are on the Server for all Licences)

4.) now i tried to Import the Workspace - nothing happens

5.) i closed FormZ

6.) i restarted FormZ

7.) while starting FormZ - FZ says: Template File is missing - and right - the file wasn't there anymore

8.) the other older licence was still running on the other pc so i could do a new template file without Problems

9.) i started formz again - it is running - but Workspace still won't work. I try again to Import - nothing happens -> i close and restart formz -> same Happens as in Point 7

If your monitors do have the same resolution, then please send the Workspace file that you have saved, and let us know what resolution you are using so we can help.  Please also try loading that Workspace file back on the original computer and make sure it works properly there.

Dear Walter,

What is the name of your Template file, and what is the full path to the file location?

Also, we looked for the Workspace file and your answers to the questions above but we didn't find them.  Did we miss something?

sorry, i can't send the file bevor monday - i'm out of my Company.

Template file name is: template_file.fmz

template file is saved on the Server, Location on Y:

I could try to do a new Installation monday morning - is there a way to get all my formz files from my PC that i can do a really "clean" Installation?

Dear Walter,

Please provide the FULL Path to the file.  This is important, so if you need help with this, ask your IT staff, or us, and we will try to help.

You can download the formZ 8.5.3 version from here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_85_Pro.html

For a Clean install, run the Programs Control Panel and Uninstall formZ first, then DISABLE Virus detection when installing.  If you want to start with "factory default preferences" you should also delete or rename the USER: App Data: Roaming: autodessys folder before launching.

Hi,

i just reinstalled FormZ and got the same Problems - but i could solve them.

The Problem were the Template File and the Prefernce File - i don't know why - but FormZ alsways said that the path on the Server doesn't exist. So i saved the new Template and Preference File local - no it works. 

Hi Walter,

Well, if the path from one computer to the location of the template file is not the same as the path from the other computer, then that would certainly be as expected.  In that case, simply going to the second computer: Preferences: Template, locating the file, and resaving the preferences would fix it...

Archived