AutoDesSys

Clipping Planes

Andre Conlledo

Hello Z, I'm having these issues with Clipping Planes:

1. Non of the options of the right click menu are working: Flip, 2D, Make permanent section. 
  2. There's a graphical issue where the lines representing the plane appear as double lines and/or the "bounding box" is larger/smaller than the object it clips. Doesn't sound like much but the center of the bounding box is so far off it makes it hard to move with precision. 
  3. Sometimes it's really hard to snap the plane to a point.

Hi Andre,

1.  We have verified that something with the latest update could potentially cause an issue with the Context Menu not working properly when right clicking on the center dot of the graphic for the clipping plane (on the screen).  If you right click on the Clipping Plane in its Palette, then this should work properly.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.

2.  The Clipping Plane will automatically be sized based on the bounding box of the objects in the project.  Do you have objects far away from your scene that you can delete, hide, or ghost?

3.  This should work well when you are moving the center graphic dot for the clipping plane (not the arrow controls at the edge).  If you have a case where this is not working easily, please send it and indicate what is not snapping as you would like so we can take a look.

1. Thanks!

Objects far away would explain the over sized bounding box (although there are non). The fact that the bounding box is sometimes smaller than the object it's clipping means it's something else.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the differences of clicking the arrow or dot. I remember before the patch that clicking the dot wouldn't move the section until I clicked to release it. The fact that it moves now (like it does when I click the arrow) makes it hard on complex scenarios to place it properly.  

Apart from the bugs Andre has explained I also find that the clipping plane graphic control is larger than what I would often prefer.

Tech, you said:

2.  The Clipping Plane will automatically be sized based on the bounding box of the objects in the project.  Do you have objects far away from your scene that you can delete, hide, or ghost?'

But a smaller one would usually be easier to manage imho. It would also be nice if we could customise its size as a proportion, as different projects have different requirements, even for the same user, so a local menu adjustment facility would be welcome if possible, (after the local menu fix), or preference options if not.

Archived