AutoDesSys

Form Z and iCloud Drive

kim

I have noticed that if I use an FZ file on iCloud Drive that iCloud creates a new Version of the data file whenever I save.  The original file stays as the most updated version and the file with a number is the previously saved version. The feature is nice but its amazing how quickly the number of files builds up.  I have two questions:

1) In the past iCloud Drive and FZ did not play nice together and it was best to drag the iCloud file onto the desktop when working with it and then drag it back to iCloud Drive when done.  With El Capitan, it appears that FZ and iCloud Drive are compatible?

2) If anyone else is using this setup, is there a way to limit how many backup files iCloud Drive maintains?

Thanks

Kim

Hi Kim,

In the formZ Preferences, you can designate how many backup files formZ creates.  

It is always best to save your files directly to a local (or network) hard drive, as saving large files to internet based drives can have issues.  Once saved locally, you can then copy the file to the internet drive if desired...

Hi Ztech,

I have the FZ preference for backups set to 1, and I get a single backup.

The version saving, must be an iCloud Drive thing, which has proven helpful :-).  I think how iCloud Drive works is that the file is saved on the hard drive and thus when you save from an application, it saves the file to the hard drive and then updates the file to the cloud.  But this is only a guess?  I am hoping someone with more knowledge can fill in the gaps :-).

Thanks,

Kim

Archived