AutoDesSys

Installing 6.6.2 onto an imac running 10.10.1

brianharvey

I know I'm a bit behind the times and I do plan to update to V8 later this year when deadlines allow

However, quick question - my current macpro is limping along and I've salvaged FormZ 6.6.2 onto a usb drive, along with my current projects.

Later today I have an ex Demo Imac arriving which is running OS 10.10.1 (I believe some user have said 6.6.2 runs on this platform)

I'm just trying to pre-empt any issues so I can carry on with current projects as soon as possible. Forgive my lack of technical knowledge - but will I be able to copy the application onto the new machine, plug in the dongle and carry on? - I had read a few posts about dongle drivers being required.

Or - will I need to talk to sales about an update to 6.7? I have also read a few posts about 6.7 being available to users who purchase the upgrade to V8

This is just a quick fix solution to get me working again - until I can find the time to go through the migration excerises and become an upto date version 8 user - also as many posts on the topic seem to mention, it would be nice to keep a V6 version on a working machine for a little while.

Hi Brian,

formZ v6.6.2 can not be installed on OS X 10.10.  The oldest version that will work is v6.7.3 -- and even that version is not supported on versions of OS X later than 10.7 (although it will generally work fine with 10.11 and earlier).

You should contact our sales department at sales@formz.com, or call them at 614 488-8838 and order the upgrade.  When you upgrade to v8.5, you can also request a copy of formZ 6.7.3 that can be included for free with your upgrade -- and give you time to use that version to meet your deadlines, and then learn the new interface for the new version when your schedule permits.

Thanks Tech

I will get onto sales as soon as they are available

Just to clarify and hopefully clear up my confusion

The iMac that is arriving later today is running Os 10.10.1

If I get upgraded today with the latest version - will 6.7.3 (as you say - included in my upgrade) - run on the 10.10.1 - not ideal but a quick fix?

And - will V8.5 also run on that machine when I've got time to learn the new workflow

Hi Brian,

Yes, first upgrade your 10.10.1 to the latest version of 10.10 if you can.  Then you can install formZ 6.7.3 on this (once you have placed your order and received your download link and registration codes).   Just follow the directions on the download page.

As long as the graphics on your new computer supports OpenGL 3.2 (which it should) then formZ 8.5 should run fine there as well.  Make sure to check the formZ Migration Guide that is pinned to the top of the Tutorials By Users section of this forum for advice on how to get up to speed as quickly as possible with the new version (when you have time for that).

Archived