AutoDesSys

Textures

David Mitchell

1-No decals?

2- Try to re-add make sure in Paint Tool Options "Keep current materials of faces" are unchecked"

3- If that does not work select object & go to smooth shading & check Override Project Smooth Shading, Check Smooth Objects "Use Facetted Objects Settings"

If these do not work attach project so I can check it out.

After many tries I have finally got the look I wanted without the texture bleeding to the o.d. of the piece. Only way I can get this to work is to revolve the outside piece in red. I revolved the inside piece and used a plain grey color for it. When the inside piece is subtracted from the red outside piece I changed the material of the inside piece from grey to polished metal. Worked so now I may move on. Thanks for your help.

David... glad you finally got what you wanted... it seemed to be very complicated to get what you wanted.

There are number of factors to be aware of in selecting faces that I am not sure you are aware of? Under edit there is 2 click face/outline selection. I do also assume you know that you can pick faces by dropping material while holding command key (Mac).

You never attached fmz project file so I could give you correct steps on your original project to get what you want. I see you sent tech support files & I am sure they will have an answer for you on Monday.

Hi David,

Thanks for sending your file.   When we rebuilt it as you noted, then it worked properly.  

We are not sure what is going on with the original objects, but verified this problem, and will get it corrected. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Archived