AutoDesSys

Parasolid Support

DanM

Will FZ ever going to support Parasolid file import/export.

This is becoming essential to our work flow and we need to decide if we are going to stay with FZ or should look for another solution.

We are working in tandem with SolidWorks and lately we have 100% failure rate in importing files from SolidWorks using SAT or STEP formats.

A failure considered when files are not imported completely.

I don't think that something has changed in Form-Z 8xx. I'm geting the same pure results with Version 7 also (with less crashes though).

Dan

Hi Dan,it is

We can consider adding support for the Parasolid format in the future, but STEP format should be working well from SolidWorks in general.  If you have a STEP file that is not working properly, if you can send it, we will check it in formZ and other programs and see what else we can suggest.  Perhaps try a couple different STEP Export options (204 / 213 / etc) if it is not working properly for you so we can check with each of these.

(We did test the SAT version of the file you sent and had problems importing that in many different 3d programs, so perhaps part of the issue with that is on SolidWorks end...)

Hi

The problem is both on SolidWorks and Form-Z, STEP and SAT both should work well but they don't specially when I need to import something into FZ. I already sent you few files in the past, but anyway another example is in your mail.

Archived