AutoDesSys

User Components Loosing their link to folder

DennisA

What I suspected for a while. Have a project with only user components... of course they become embedded. If I edit component directly in fmz file within the designated user folder they do not update to the embedded component or the component that is placed in the project. The original component within the user component window is un-selectable & a message pops up with name + (duplicate)... the only way of making this go away is to replace the embedded project components with the name & purge embedded components... then the user component is selectable & replaced. In some areas components are not working as smoothly as symbols 6.5.

To expand on the problem. I edit directly in the component folder/fmz component file & save any changes. Upon doing that user component is not selectable in component manager & unlinked to embedded component... That has been my procedure & It used to work in fmz 7? Appreciate fixing as it doubles my work time every time I edit user component. Guess I can edit component in project... does this edit both embedded & user at same time? I trust my method as the content in component folder is backed up, retrievable & replaceable if I do not like the edits.

We use the same component library amount different users on different computers.

Tech can you suggest a better work flow or do you consider this a bug?

Hi Dennis,

Ok, after testing for a number of hours, we are not having any trouble editing Components in External Libraries.  However, when we have Embedded Components that are Linked to External Libraries, and we Edit the Embedded one, we are not getting a "reverse message" asking if you want to update the External Library, as we should.  Is this what you are reporting?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected.

Archived