AutoDesSys

shaded view scaling leaves chost object

kimmo

Hi,

Not sure if these have been posted already somewhere and if anyone else has these problems.

Issue 1:

When scaling an object there is a chost image in both shaded and full shaded view- see attached. This is really an issue when scaling an object that has a material map assigned to it. My fix is to re-drag the material map to that object and then object scales to real size. When there are multiple objects scaled, all objects need to be re mapped one by one in order to get all object in real size.

Issue2;

When moving points to re scale an object the chost image appears and then the above steps needs to be taken in order to get the objects in real size.

Issue3;

when points  have been moved in object the transform tool do not center anymore. So, when transform tool is used again in that object it is located not in center or in the end, it is located some where along the object thus making scaling diffucult.

Issue4;

why tecture mapping tool Gizmo sometimes is not located on object? Is it because the object has been scaled? This is really annoying since it can be far away form object and needs to moved to object in order to see the texture mapping gizmo correcty related to object.

Thanks,

Kimmo

render.tiff

full shaded view.tiff

wire frame.tiff

shaded view.tiff

Hi Kimmo,

1.  In the Scale Tool Options, there is a setting that controls whether or not the textures should be transformed.  (If you have a picture on the wall, you want that to scale, but if you have a brick wall, you typically don't want that texture to scale.)  Does choosing the desired option do what you want?

2.  We are not reproducing this.  Please post a .FMZ file with a "before and after" example so we can better understand what you are describing.

3.  Moving Points on an object will not change the object axes.  Use the Edit Object Axes tool if you want to do that.

4.  The Texture Map controller should be located on an object, but if you use the Copy Attributes, Map Texture, or Edit Texture tool, you can cause it to move away.  If you have an unexpected way to get the Texture Controls away from an object, please provide specific steps so we can investigate this.

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I will post an example of each scenario when they happen.

Issue 1. I understand the texture map scale transform option and I use it quite often. I did not explain it correctly, please see attached shaded view image. In order that chost part to disappear I need to drag a texture map to the actual part of the tube.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Issue 4. This happens very often, see attached image. Tablet is on shelf and the texture map tool is on floor. Tabled was copied from other FormZ 8.5 file.

I understand that the texture map gizmo is easy to move closer to object but dealing with it often add more steps. Are there any other options that I need to aware in order to avoid this texture map gizmo/object separation?

Thanks,

Kimmo

texture map issue.tiff

shaded view.tiff

Hi Kimmo,

We understand what you are describing, but to tell wether or not #4 is as expected, we would need to know what you are doing to cause this, and for #1, in order to do anything about it we need to be able to reproduce it.  We have tried moving points, faces, scaling points, faces, and much more, but this is all working fine for us.  So if / when you encounter the issue in the future, back up a few steps until you are in a "good" condition, and redo your steps to see if you can create the bad condition.  If you do, Copy the bad condition, undo once more until the good condition exists, paste, then copy the before and after parts to a new model and save it.  Then if you can send that to us along with what steps cause the issue, we can either tell you why it is as expected that the texture controls would be where they are, or we can help you avoid the issue until we can release a correction.

Also, when posting images, please use JPG format so they will show directly in your post...

Archived