AutoDesSys

Selection of Faces Render Area Rectangle

DennisA

I am finding face selection (also object selection)  is very difficult & sometimes not possible within Rectangle. Where outside Rectangle faces are selectable. What is actually happening is that they are selected (as seen in objects pallet) but not highlighted in red in Modeling Window.

Did all the All Display Render Styles (Shaded Work, Wire Frame etc) only show in Render Area Rectangle? 1st time  I noticed as I only used it for render zone.

Hi Dennis,

If you are using the Render Area Rectangle and you have rendered this with RenderZone, then it is expected that faces inside the rectangle would not show selection until you choose an interactive display -- such as Wire Frame, Shaded Work, or Shaded Full display...

You can select in Shaded Work & Shaded full... but it will not show selection until you go to wire frame (Also note wire frame has to be selected with key command & will not change with selection in display options pallet if shaded work is rendered). If half of selected object is outside Render Area Rectangle you can see selection there... but if it is within you can not see selection highlight . 1 Selected Rectangle in attached.

post-49-0-04468000-1443036728_thumb.png

Archived