AutoDesSys

Transform Tool Feature Request

Gary

Support,

I use the transform tool frequently and think it could be enhanced by the following:

Often when I invoke the tool the transform widget is not centered on the object. It would be great if a radio button was added to the Transform Tool options palette that said "center". When chosen the transform widget would always auto center on the selected object.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

There are many times where this should not be centered on the object, but a Center option sounds reasonable, we will consider this for the future.  

This is already available in the Edit (object) Axes tool (just below and to the right of Transform).  Set the Object Axes as you would like, and then it will always be there when you Transform...

Hello Support,

Yes, I agree it should not always be centered, and yes, it can be achieved with the Edit Axes tool, but, when I invoke the Transform tool and find the axis not centered it sure would be nicer to just click a button in the dialogue than having to change tools and then back again.

Can you give me some insight into what transform tools (move, rotate, mirror etc.) can cause the axis to leave center (or it's original creation point)? I am often mystified to find it in some seemingly arbitrary locations.

Thanks,

Gary

Archived