AutoDesSys

Palettes and workspace

David Lemelin

Hi Guys,

I'm having a little problem with my palettes... I typically work in a three screen environment and have palettes set up to be off the main screen.

The annoying thing is that IF for any reason my laptop goes to sleep with FZ open, the palettes get completely messed up and I have to reset everything before quitting to manage to save the workspace preference.

Yesterday, my lap top went to sleep while I was on only the built in screen and now palettes are appearing completely OFF THE SCREEN where I can not access them to reposition.

a) where is the bloody preference file so I can start over clean? (yes, I've tried just about every other reset option there is...)

B) REALLY Autodessys!? In an application that's been around THIS long, you call this acceptable?

Time to grow up boys. If you hadn't noticed, there's competition out there and they're moving pretty damn fast to provide dependable tools at very competitive price points....

Hi David,

Sorry you are having trouble.  From the Workspace Menu you can choose Reset Workspace.  If that doesn't fix it for you, Quit formZ and rename the autodessys folder (just add a number to the end of the name).

On a Mac, click on the Desktop, click on the Go Menu, hold down the Option key, choose the Library folder that appears below HOME, then go to Library: Preferences:

On Windows, this is located in C:\users\[uSER]\AppData\Roaming\

(Note that [uSER] is the  name with which you log onto your computer, and if you don't see the App Data folder, you can show this by going to the Windows Explorer: Tools Menu: Folder Options: View Tab -- and choosing Show Hidden Files, and clicking OK.)

Don't forget to quit formZ first, and when you relaunch formZ it will automatically recreate a new autodessys folder with default settings.  Then if you decide you no longer need the old autodessysX folder, you can delete that at any time.

Does this help?

We have made some substantial improvements to this with the formZ 8.5 version.  You can get this here:

Does that work better for you?

Yay! It worked.... I knew deleting the prefs was the key... but Apple sure doesn't make it easy to find them!

I am very anxious to get up and running with 8.5, but I am waiting foe the official release before jumping ship, These are work tools for me, so every moment I'm stuck with a bug means lost productivity.

One suggestion I'd like to make with regards to the interface, which seems to be available on the windows side, is the ability to scale the tool palettes. I'm working on a 40" screen and the palettes are much larger than I need... the ability to shrink them as much as 50% would greatly free up deskspace for a larger modelling window.

Thanks for your help!

Archived