AutoDesSys

form Z 8 crash

Andy

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your report, this has been fixed with the 8.5 beta, which you can download here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/formz8_Beta_Pro_Update_App_Only.html

Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues, we would be glad to help.

Is there any intention to update the Artlantis export for v5 and v6. I'm personally not a huge fan of Artlantis (apart from its ability to output stylised orthographic renderings) but many of my clients use it for quick turnaround visualisations?

Hi Jon,

Demand for Artlantis is very low, and every time they have an update, you can't just plug in their new translator -- it requires a complete re-write, so we will likely be devoting our resources to other formats, renderers, and modeling features instead.

Hopefully Artlantis can figure out a way to read their own older formats to continue compatibility...

Hi Jon,

Demand for Artlantis is very low, and every time they have an update, you can't just plug in their new translator -- it requires a complete re-write, so we will likely be devoting our resources to other formats, renderers, and modeling features instead.

Hopefully Artlantis can figure out a way to read their own older formats to continue compatibility...

Sounds reasonable to me. Real pity that the Artlantis team feel the need to change the specifics of the translator with each new release.

IMHO I think maybe it might be better that you only make the Artlantis 4 translator available as a downloadable plugin for those that need it as I think it may reflect badly on FormZ (to some potential customers) that it includes such an old translator in it's newest products whilst Artlantis is now two versions ahead. Somebody assessing FormZ has no idea the reasons why, just that the translator is old. I get the reason for old translators being available for compatibility but do they need to clutter up the main product export options?

Archived