AutoDesSys

FormZ 8 ghosted operands bug

PabloS

Hello Everybody, I'm using FormZ 8 pro and now I'm unable to save a project if there is what formz considers excesive ghosted operands, this is because when I try to save changes on a file I get the message "This Project Contains Excessive Ghosted Operands. Do You Want To Keep Them In The File?" If I choose Yes or No The result is the same, FormZ crashes before saving, already tried unistalling and installing again but no luck, checked for new updates and couldn't find any. Do you have any idea of why FormZ is doing this? or how to prevent FormZ from leaving a ghosted copy of the original object after each boolean operation made to the active working object?

Any help welcome! Thanks.

I'm using FormZ pro 8.0.2 Build 9413 on Windows 8.1 x64

post-11203-0-18020000-1436400763_thumb.jpg

Hi PablosS,

I am using FZ 8 pro on a mac and find this ghosted operands note annoying.  As soon as you have one ghosted operand the note appears when you save.  Then if you agree to remove the ghosted operands, my system does not crash but the ghosted operands remain.  

If you look under the Edit Menu you are given options about Ghosted Operands.  If you don't want to keep them just select Delete Operands.  Hopefully this will solve your problem for now.

Hi Pablo,

Welcome to the forum, and sorry you are having trouble.  We have seen this issue on a few Windows based computers, and this should be solved with the formZ 8.5 beta, which you can download from here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/formz8_Beta_Pro_Update_App_Only.html

If you copy that into your Program Files: formZ 8 folder, open and run that, does this solve the problem for you?

Archived