AutoDesSys

Problems with preferences on 2nd machine

Walter

hello,

i have problems to get the major Screen i creted my own (windows are moved on other places), similar on a second computer. I'm trying to use the prefernces and template file of the first machine, they gets loaded, but the screen still looks like the FormZ Standard file.

Please help!

Regards

Walter

Dear Walter,

Sorry you are having problems.  Preferences will store your tool settings, but if you are wanting to save the Palette Locations, you can do that via the Workspace Menu: Workspace Manager.  Export the Workspace from the desired computer, and then Import that (again using the Workspace Manager) onto the other computer.

Note that the resolution of the monitor(s) must be the same for the Workspace to load properly.

Thanks tech.

Will there be something in future that the resolution of the monitor doesn't matter and the windows fits anyway? In 3Dmax and AUtoCAD the "drawing window" fits inside all other palettes with no problems. Would be great to see soemthing like this in FormZ.

In the attachement there are pics out of autocad in 2 different resolutions. the drawing window is allways fix in the middle, it just get smaller but still stays proper conected to the other palettes.

When opening a file on a machine where the palettes are not really similar the drawing window covers other windows and have to be resized.

Looking forward that there will something done.

Regards Walter

post-30-0-86480200-1430805003_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-20191700-1430805005_thumb.jpg

Archived