AutoDesSys

Measure Distance tool does not want resize

AHTOH

Hi Anton,

In order for the Measure: Update to scale objects, you actually need to snap to points on a single object.  If you are just clicking in space, it will not scale, and if you click between two objects, the second object will be moved relative to the first.

post-5-0-74728400-1428670188_thumb.jpg

So if you measure a single part, and then update:

post-5-0-12283900-1428670188_thumb.jpg

It will scale as desired.  Does that help?

In fact it does not. I have all the parts of this draft selected. I measure a distance between drawn axes with dims indicated (not in empty space — actual objects). So logic of an app drives me to conclusion that pre-pick suppose to work as it works with any other tool. But it does not. 

So, to my point of view it is very cool feature. But little premature.

Dear Anton,

Did you try measuring a specific object as we show?  If so, that should scale everything.

If you are measuring between objects, it is expected to change the distance between them, BUT if you have a bunch of pre-picked objects, then perhaps it could scale all of them instead.  We will consider this as a suggestion for the future.

Dear Anton,

Did you try measuring a specific object as we show?  If so, that should scale everything.

If you are measuring between objects, it is expected to change the distance between them, BUT if you have a bunch of pre-picked objects, then perhaps it could scale all of them instead.  We will consider this as a suggestion for the future.

Hello Tech.

In fact it does not scale pre-picked objects as expected. It would be great if it do in some realistic future (8.5?).

In our screen capture we show it working properly when both click points are on parts of the same object.

Thanks for your suggestion for how you think it should work.  This should be an improvement and we will consider it for the future.

Archived