AutoDesSys

Exhibit design

CHRISSYWADDLE

Hello CHRISSYWADDLE,

What a nice work! I like it so much.

I would like to reach your level some day!...nice lighting atmosphere...What are the light technics you use for it...the tips or tricks?

Thanks for sharing your work and expertise...

Thank you.

JOHN

Hello CHRISSYWADDLE,

What a nice work! I like it so much.

I would like to reach your level some day!...nice lighting atmosphere...What are the light technics you use for it...the tips or tricks?

Thanks for sharing your work and expertise...

Thank you.

JOHN

Thanks for the comments, depends on the size of the model but usually just stick with Ambient Occlusion set to 65% and use as little lights as possible. Maybe change the ambient light distance.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-18%20at%2009.44.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-18%20at%2009.44.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you started by going through the Help Menu: Tutorial Videos?

The first 4 videos are more of a demonstration nature, but the subsequent videos (User Interface, Basic Drawing, ...) walk you step by step through the program.  If you watch those in order, frequently pause the video, and do what you just saw (and rewind the video if you missed something), that should be a great way to get started.

If there are videos that cover things that you are sure you don't need right away (perhaps NURBS as an example), you can skip that video, but review the subsequent ones as there is a lot of useful information.

Does that help?

• 5 months later...

Archived