AutoDesSys

Roof - Details

Walter

Hello,

i have a question about roofs. I have to do a lot of hipped roofs in our company. Now it is so much work to create them, especially the wooden structure. Will there be (in the foreseeable future) a much more detailed tool for creating roofs? I'm talking about the wood strcture (see attach.) In the moment i'm doing the roof in other programs where thios works and import them.

greetings

Walter

post-30-0-39341800-1425389650_thumb.jpg

FormZ Labs has already come up with a profiles tool and there is talk of a grasshopper-like tool for FormZ in the future, so eventually you will probably have the ability to automate something like this with abandon.

Hi Walter,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  When you ask questions about future development, a whole other set of individuals are involved with determining the answer, and that will generally take some time.  As DMN notes, we are working on a number of enhancements that will help to automate this, but we don't have details about a full roof framing tool at this time.  What is the other program that you are currently using to do this, and do you like how it works?  And is this built into that program, or is it provided from a third party developer?  (And if this is a third party developer, perhaps they can be convinced to create a plugin for formZ too?)

The name of the program is CasCADos. There is a full roof generator were really "everything" can be done with the roof. You can change the number and dimesion of the rafters, the ridgepole and so on. You can also tell how the ending of the rafter should look like, the different layers of the roof and automatic rain pipes.

FormZ is such a good program for anything else abd a lot of people i know use it for architectural modelling but everybody says that for the roof a 3rd party programm is necessary.

Archived