AutoDesSys

[Q] FormZ 8 on White MacBook (Intel GMA 950)

Pobo

Hi,

I'm trying to run FormZ Free v8 on a white MacBook (Core2Duo 2.0GHz with Intel GMA 950).

It installs and runs but I get no display.

I guess this is the limitation of the video-on-the-motherboard Intel chipset. Is there any way around this? Am I out of luck?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately that video chip does not support OpenGL 3.2 properly on OS X, and since you can't upgrade the video card on a laptop, you would need to use formZ Free on a different computer that has a video card that does.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we would be glad to help.

Hi ZWeb,

Thank you for the welcome. Shame my 500+ posts from the old forum were not remembered :-)

When FormZ Free appeared I got excited that this would be a fun way to let my two kids—each has a white MacBook—get acquiainted with 3D modelling and 3DPrinting as well as build an understanding for what their dad does with this FormZ Pro. I guess Santa will need to get them both an upgraded machine at some point :-)

If they are kids and only using for educational use, they could sign up for the Student Edition.  They get the choice of formZ 7 or 8 (so they can be compatible with their school -- or hardware), and v7 should run (somewhat slowly) on that computer.

If you need help finding the link, just shoot us an email...

Archived