AutoDesSys

Tightening up the Palette Dock

Du_man

I enjoy FormZ 8.....but it seems like I am always adjusting the heights of the various palettes within the palette dock as I work. Usually at some point (every week or so), I have to reset my workspace as minimized palettes will not open or give me allowance to stretch the height. 

I am particularly curious as to why my Workspace palette in the palette dock turns into this tall palette when it needs only one row for icons. Screen shot attached.....you can see there is no way to adjust the height....even deleting and opening again will not correct itself until I reset the workspace. Not sure what I am doing to get this over abundance of real estate. Is there a feature that will tighten up the palettes to maybe one row of "blank-ness". If not, I would love to see that in an update!

post-9558-0-18080800-1423667387_thumb.jpg

Hi Derek,

Welcome to the forum, and glad you are liking formZ v8!

We have not seen the Workspace Palette expand inappropriately before, so we are not sure what would cause that.  We have seen a few cases in the past where changing the resolution of the monitor(s), or adding or removing monitors while formZ is active could cause some issues (but these should generally be fixed now).  I don't suppose that could be the cause of the problem, could it?  (If you have any further information regarding what you are doing prior to this occurring, please let us know so we can investigate this further.)

It is also possible that a problematic video driver could be causing a problem.  What video card do you have, and what is the date of its driver?  (RUN: dxdiag and look for the Device Name and Driver Date on the Display(1) Tab.)  And if the video driver is more than a few months old, does updating the driver help?

I have a great PC and great graphics card. I always try to keep the drivers updated. I have had several issues with FormZ 8 that lead to questioning the driver updates and graphics card in general. Not sure how to determine a bad card on a <1yr old computer.....but it looks like I need to explore this path! thanks for the help!

post-9558-0-31795000-1423682945_thumb.jpg

I went back and erased/uninstalled all related FormZ folders and applications......I reinstalled FormZ in safe mode to ensure a cleaner install. I rebuilt my preferences and workspaces. So far, better with the new install. Attached is an image of how the palettes will act sometime.....like a refresh problem. Less frequent though..... Thanks, Support!

post-9558-0-67229900-1424099502_thumb.jpg

Archived